Winter is here on Long Island, that means it is time to clean up your garden beds and pull out that garden catalog to plan for next year! There will be many tours and public holiday events all over, but don’t fret- there will be some outdoor events and classes going on. Here is a list of some of the events going on.
- Seasonal Highlights Tour at Brooklyn Botanic Gardens – Throughout November and December, 1PM-2PM. Click here to learn more.
- Holiday Train Show at NY Botanical Garden – From November 19th to January 16th, Click here to learn more.
- Wild Medicine in the Tropics at NY Botanical Garden – From January 21st to February 12th, Click here to learn more.
- The Orchid Show at NY Botanical Garden – From February 18th to April 9th, Click here to learn more.
- Training Course for New Suffolk County Master Gardener Volunteers – Starting February 1st and ending June 28th. Click here to learn more.
- LI Dahlia Society Meeting and Talk: Dahlia 101 “Storing Dahlias Over the Winter” – Thursday November 17th, 6:30PM at East Islip Library. Click here to learn more.
- Gardening Lessons: Designs for Easy Maintenance – Saturday November 19th, 10AM-2PM at Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Click here to learn more.
- Thanksgiving Floral Design – Saturday November 19th, 10:30AM at Old Westbury Gardens. Click here to learn more.
- Floral Design Workshop: Holiday Centerpiece – Sunday November 20th, 1PM-2:30PM at Queens Botanical Garden. Click here for more information.
- Holiday Wreath Workshop – Saturday December 3rd, 11AM-12:30PM at Cornell Cooperative Extension. Call 631-852-4600 for more information and to register.
- Introduction to Ikebana – Sunday December 11th, 10AM-1PM at Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Click here to learn more.
- The Camellia Festival – Sunday February 19th, 1oAM-4PM at Planting Fields Arboretum. Snow Date: Sunday February 26th. Click here to learn more.
Thank you to Mjlgarden for the original information. Click here to view more events!